We are delighted to announce the registration for the Online BAS Research Update Meeting on Thursday 9th June 2022 is now open. To BOOK your place please login to your BAS account, then choose "Event Registration" from the right hand side column of the screen, then follow the registration process. There is no charge for this Event if you are a BAS member.
Research Update Meetings are ideal opportunities for clinicians and researchers to share and discuss ideas for potential research projects, as well as projects in progress or recently completed, in a supportive environment. They offer the opportunity to receive feedback on ideas and to keep up-to-date on current research activities, as ongoing CPD.
We have a full day's programme this year which will include a wide range of research projects including the following:
- Gesture Assessment and Therapy: an international survey of practice
Speaker: Abi Roper
- The Subjective Experience of Word-Finding Difficulties in Aphasia: a metaphor analysis
- Museums, art galleries and aphasia: the MAIA project. Speaker: Jayne Lindsay
- Group based Script training for people with Primary Progressive Aphasia : Speaker TBC. Authors: Talbot R, Farrington-Douglas C, Volkmer A
- Biographical narratives of people with aphasia: The story so far. Speaker: Esther Petitt
- Speech and language therapists’ views and experiences of intensive and comprehensive aphasia rehabilitation. Speaker: Katie Monnelly
- Developing an International Survey to Investigate the Current Practices and Challenges Faced by Speech and Language Pathologists (SLPs) Working with Bi/Multilingual Clients with Aphasia. Speaker: Wei Ping Sze
- Aphasia Experts: Evaluating the impact of an enhanced communication skills training programme on Student Speech and Language Therapist’s confidence and skills in communicating with individuals with aphasia. Speaker: Lynda Kennedy
REGISTRATION: The event is FREE. YOU MUST be a BAS member to attend the RUM. E-registration is now open. Please BOOK your place on www.bas.org.uk (login and choose Event registration from the right hand side column)
We look forward to seeing you there.
BAS RUM Team 2022